Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Abused husband must find safety ---now

An Excerpt from Daily Record Newspaper about a fearful husband and response from AMY.

DEAR AMY:

  I recently remarried after 16 years of a first marriage, which ended because of an act of infidelity by my former wife.

I stayed in that marriage too long because of my overwhelming love for my kids.

My current wife and I have been married a little more than a year, and while i knew she had trust and self-esteem issues, I never imagines what i woud have to edure.

My wife is enormously jealous and accuses me of improprieties  in our marriage, even though i have gone out of my way to show her how much i love her and that she can trust me.

I have given her all my passowrds to all my e-mail accounts and access to my company comoyuter and cell phone. I call her all the time, especially when i travel on business to show her i have nothing to hide and love her.

Her jealously and have turned to violent rage, and on several occasions she physically attacked me.

One incident required the police, which led to her arrest due to the injuries I suffered. A court order required her to attend an anger management program, but she has attacked me twice since.

Despite her attacks I never raised my hands to her an simply let her beat me, because she told me how a former boyfriend hit her, and i said i would never do that.  We attended counseling, but our problems have grown worse. I don’t knwo what to do.

Fearful husband

DEAR FEARFUL:

Leave this relationship immediately. You are being emotionally and physically abused, and you should leave for your own safety. If there are children in the house, get them out too.

Develop a safety plan.

Find a friend to stay with, pack your documents , valuables and some clothing without your wife’s knowledge, and leave the home.

The Domestic Abuse Helpline for Men and Women has content specifically oriented toward men who are being abused. Your response to this abuse ---- to try to tough it out ----is sadly common for men who are victims of domestic violence.

Please check the organization’s web site: dahmw.org

Call the hlp line for further assitance:  888-743-5754

 

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment